Monday, November 16, 2009

Bake-a-rama!

This week is going to be a mega bake off. I have the weekly bread, M's play group Christmas party, and my birthday!

So far, not so good! I made the bread....... see the bread above? That was last weeks, now imagine a steam roller going over them, or better still, cow pats, that was this week! Thankfully they tasted nice and had nice crumb, they were perfect for dips, not for sarnies!

Last night I baked M's little biscuits from a new recipe (I know, I know).....terrible! It was so late, I couldn't start a new batch. I have most certainly not taken a photo! So I have just covered them in little cream cheese rosettes. I even considered buying a packet of Tim Tams on the way there!

So later on in the week I will bake bars for my birthday. New recipes (I know, I know) one is for luscious lemon bars, the other is for almond, orange and carrot bars. They sound good, don't they?! All recipes (except the bread) are from a new book I bought, Cookies, Brownies, Bars and Biscuits by Catherine Atkinson (I think she compiled them). The bread is cucumber pickle juice and rye. It's a Dan Lepard recipe from a book I borrowed from the library. I don't remember the name of the book, very sorry!

Well gotta go and wrap the Christmas present! Please send baking vibes this way!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good baking vibes being sent your way! I am a bit baking obsesses at the moment too, deciding what to make for dinner by what type of baking can accompany it. When it works it is brilliant but when it doesn't...not so good. Also a huge Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a brilliant one! XX

simone said...

baking and cooking vibes coming your way weezie..... hint #1 for your bday present ;)