Monday, January 25, 2010

Good Food



My good friend Simone gave me a subscription to Good Food magazine for my birthday last year. What a great idea for a gift! I had (and will have) the excitement of waiting for the next issue in the mail! Then when I finally open it, I always paw over the pages for quite some time, and finally I get to cook things......then eat them! These are from the Jan Feb issue 2010. The top is the Yogurt Pistachio cake (without the turkish delight cream) made for big M's birthday, the bottom photo is Creamy pesto chicken with roasted tomatoes. Yes, Reb, I'm still veggo, but the two men in my life aren't. Am thinking of doing a kiddy version of the yog. cake for little M's birthday cake too (yes we like it that much!)

Thanks Simone, and keep warm!

3 comments:

simone said...

oh my looks delicious! Isn't it exciting waiting for the magazine to come every month? Glad you're feeling it... i love it.... ps am blogging again. xooox

Mel Robson said...

louise, i am expecting one of these for our next morning tea ok....!! he he!

reb said...

My Mum has done the same thing for me, except with the "Delicious" magazine- it's fabulous. Love the look of that cake lady!